February 2, 2012
By
alimony

Another Veteran victim of Family Court and unjust alimony. Click on picture for FOX video.

How many male wounded warriors sacrificed to protect our freedoms just to have our government take away theirs by stealing their disability checks to pay alimony?

Like many veterans, Scott Cameron, a decorated Vietnam a permanently disabled and unemployed wounded warrior, was ordered to pay his ex-wife $500 alimony from his military disability checks. In protest he returned his Purple Heart medal.

Scott said, “My ex-wife didn’t serve in Vietnam, I did. She wasn’t forced to killed people, I was. She wasn’t the one severely wounded, I was. She didn’t experience the pain I did. She doesn’t have the disfiguring scars I do. She doesn’t have to take the long list of medications I do, and she will probably out live me because of all of this. My ex-wife is not entitled to any of my combat related disability benefits. My veteran’s disability compensation belongs to me, and only me, and no one is going to take it from me,” said Scott Cameron of Duluth, Minnesota.

Yet Scott’s disability compensation is protected by well established federal law, which civil courts routinely violate. The law, in; USC, Title 38, § 5301., says,  “Nonassignability and exempt status of benefits, (a) (1) Payments of benefits due or to become due under any law administered by the Secretary shall not be assignable except to the extent specifically authorized by law, and such payments made to, or on account of, a beneficiary shall be exempt from taxation, shall be exempt from the claim of creditors, and shall not be liable to attachment, levy, or seizure by or under any legal or equitable process whatever, either before or after receipt by the beneficiary.”

For more information about this hideous and illegal judicial practice see WWW.AREA5301.NET, the website for Operation Firing For Effect’s AREA 5301, operated by a group of disabled veterans opposed to being illegally robbed by the civil courts.

NCFM has over the years received numerous inquiries concerning this malfeasance which disparately impacts male military veterans and is another of many forms of gender discrimination against men.

However, for you veterans, though not directly on point, it is our understanding that if you get a letter from the Veteran’s Administration concerning your disability, and in that letter it clearly states that your disability is “needs based”, then your checks cannot be attached for payment of child support. You should check with your Veteran’s counselor or attorney to make sure this is correct and to get the exact phraseology that prevents civil courts from grabbing you disability checks.

And, situations like this don’t speak well of the women who take advantage of our wounded warriors or our legislators who refuse to protect them fro such abuse. Print this article and send copies  your legislators. Ask them what they are doing to correct such miscarriages of justice.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Google Buzz
  • LinkedIn
  • Orkut
  • Twitter

Tags: , , , , ,

6 Responses to Wounded Warrior returns medals in protest over having to pay his ex-wife alimony from his disability checks.

1. mlj1219 on June 15, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Re: Susan's comment, your post does not have the ring of sympathy or truth attached to it. Why didn't you leave 37 yrs ago? Why didn't you divorce him & kick his abusive ass to the curb—because like a snake you were waiting for the optimum time to strike?

"I think it is time he paid." Do you know how that statement typifies the gold digger–I'm an ENTITLED woman because I have a split between my thighs syndrome prevalent in today's society?

Strange how it was 'your' home not 'our' home he destroyed twice—would that have been a home he bought with a VA loan?

2. Susan on June 13, 2012 at 9:22 AM

None of you people have lived with an abusive veteran for 38 years, filed all his papers for his disability because he would not, suffered having my home destroyed twice, worked sick for 28 years before he even had income. I am a breast cancer survivor now and I think it is time he paid!

3. Dana on February 7, 2012 at 3:20 AM

I am soooo sorry to hear this. I have a vietnam vet near and dear to my heart and could not imagine some judge taking any portion of his disability to feed a alimony pig. Truest form of a deadbeat! I will pray for you.

This week Florida Alimony Reform is putting all its efforts in changing thier alimony laws. Pray for them and the rest of the states to begin to protect those who happened to divorce someone who has and will not support themselves in any way.

4. Ray on February 5, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I'm a Vietnam veteran and first served in the combat zone when I was 20 years old. Yep, I was old enough to die for my country, but wasn't old enough to vote in my country. Approximately 42% of the more than 58,000 men whose names appear on the Vietnam War memorial died for America without ever having the right to vote. While suffragettes picketed the Wilson White House for women's right to vote, young men were being killed, or maimed in Europe without the right to vote. I think those examples say a lot about what America has historically thought of men's rights, especially military men. http://tinyurl.com/5oa677 http://tinyurl.com/6qofqet

5. real equality on February 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I have many sons. The Gov. does not respect our solidiers when they get divorce. They are treated like deadbeat dads. My son is not in the military, yet his ex got a free attorney from the YWCA and this attorney attached a military record in my sons divorce file with the same name and birthdate. I didn’t know it was so damaging to be in the military and get a divorce. My son is not, but they still labeled him so benefit the mother. I say to men do not join the military and fight to die if you are treated like black people used to be treated in the past. Women are now capable of working and do not need so much alimony anymore, they also work the system with tons of freebies provided by falsely claiming abuse. The gov. gives them free housing, medical, free lawyers thanks to Joe Biden and Obama passing VAWA act. Get smart men, don’t vote for democrats that do not care about you.

6. tj000 on February 3, 2012 at 6:16 AM

Men, be ready to wage a war against govt and judiciary !

See NCFM Wayback

waybackmachineOver the years millions of people worldwide have visited a National Coalition For Men website. Also over the years the site has changed dramatically, been taken down, moved, and otherwise uprooted. In those processes much information was lost, not recovered, and does not appear on this site. However you can see earlier versions and many of the extraordinary accomplishments of NCFM back to 1996 by using the WayBackMachine. In the search box type www.ncfm.org

One of the best resources on the Internet for falsely accused college students and their families

ncfm carolinas

Bookmark this site if you are a college student or parent who cares about the children regardless of their age…

a voice for male students

paternity fraud naomi evans meme

Are Things Really Equal?

Girlwriteswhat on ideological feminism and its impact on our society and culture

campus hate speech

More on the war against males in education

sexual harassment on campus

sexual harassment DOE

This explains why our politicians do stupid things about domestic violence

The Richard Fine Saga and Family Court Cartel

Interview with Erin Pizzey, the women who started the domestic violence shelter movement

Click on the picture below for Erin’s website

realsexism.com

sexism

Other MUST WATCH Videos

Great Resources for Abused Men

• Dometic Abuse Hotline for Men and Women, based in Maine, offers 24-hour hotline: 1-888-7HELPLINE (1-888-743-5754) and may be offering shelter services.
  • Valley Oasis in Lancater, CA has offers shelter and other services for men and their children. 24-hour Hotline: (661) 945-6736.
  • Family of Men Support Society, Calgary, Canada, shelter and support services.
  • Male Survivor, Overcoming Sexual Victimization of Boys and Men
  • probono.net, provides resources for pro bono and legal services attorneys and others working to assist low income or disadvantaged clients.
  • LawHelp.org, helps low and moderate income people find free legal aid programs in their communities, answers to questions about their legal rights, and find forms to help with their legal problems.
  • Shared Parenting Works has parenting plans and other resources.
  • Walk a Mile in HIS Shoes resources for abused men in Canada.
  • One in Three Campaign resoures for abused men in Australia.
  • Stop Abuse for Everyone, one of the most comprehensive and oldest sites dedicated to victims of domestic violence. The site was recently upgraded with the assistance of NCFM. The site includes an interactive map of north America for helping to find shelter services that might or do help abused men.

More great resources for men and those who care about men. Ask your elected officials if they do.

Men's Health Network

Protect yourself! Get the book!!

File a Federal Complaint

If you have specific instances of discrimination against male domestic violence victims by any government-funded DV program anywhere in the U.S., please send all evidence you have to the following federal agencies as a complaint, and state that this violates United States Code, Title 42, Section 3789d(c)(1). Give them as much evidence as you can. They are supposed to investigate it. After several months you may get a letter back saying there is "insufficient evidence" and that they need more information such as dates and times of the discrimination, names of the programs and contact info, names and contact info of witnesses, documents or records, and a detailed chronological narrative. So, re regarding evidence, the more the better. You can send the complaints by email, mail, or both. Send them to: Office of Civil Rights Office of Justice Programs U.S. Department of Justice 810 7th Street, NW Washington, DV 20531 Office of the Inspector General inspector.general@usdoj.gov oig.hotline@usdoj.gov

%d bloggers like this: